Transport to School
Transport to school from beyond the statutory maximum distance (two miles) is organised by Lincolnshire County Council. Over half of our children travel by bus, with one bus starting its journey in Hagworthingham, a second in Belchford and another in Swaby.
It may be possible for children from beyond our designated area to be granted a concessionary seat on a bus, at the discretion of Lincolnshire County Council. There will usually be a charge for this.
Parents and carers are asked to discuss our Home School Agreement for Bus Travel with their children and remind them from time to time of the importance of adhering to its contents.
If you want to apply for Home to School Transport this is best done online: Apply for Home School Transport.
Please note that, for insurance reasons, no child may travel on a bus unless and until they hold a valid pass for that particular bus!
The county operate 'Max Respect', a programme which aims to make the journey to school safer and happier, which is fully supported by the school.
|Home School Agreement For Those Using The Bus Service To School||[pdf 49KB]|
Our current operators
|Route||Operator||Website Links / Contact|
|PC Coaches Website|
|Skegness Travel Website|
|LCC School Transport Helpdesk||01522 782020||County Council Schools Services Transport Department|
What should parents and carers do in the event of problems?
Management of the provision of transport, and decisions regarding eligibility and concessionary places, is the responsibility of the County Council Schools Services Transport Department. They can be contacted by telephone on 01522 782020. In the event of issues arising with transport, including timetable variations, please contact the County Council.
There are occasional and unavoidable instances where school buses have been delayed due to circumstances beyond our control. The advice from Lincolnshire County Council School Transportation Group on the procedures to follow if a bus is delayed are set out below:-
- If a bus is delayed leaving school by 20 minutes or more, the bus driver will inform their bus company of the delay. The School and/or bus company will inform the LCC School Transport Helpdesk and also attempt to contact the parents of children on the bus.
- If a bus becomes delayed by 20 minutes or more after leaving the school premises (i.e. due to a flat tyre or road closure en-route) the bus driver will inform their bus company of the delay. The bus company will then inform the LCC School Transport Helpdesk and also attempt to contact the school.
- If there is nobody at a bus stop to collect a child, then the bus company will not let that child get off the bus. The bus driver will inform their company that they have kept the child on the bus. The bus company will then inform the LCC School Transport Helpdesk of the situation and also attempt to contact the school. The LCC School Transport Helpdesk and/or school will then attempt to contact the parent/guardian of that child. If the parent/guardian cannot be contacted, then the bus driver will be instructed to take the child to the nearest police station.
- If you have any concerns about a bus being seriously delayed (to or from school) and you have not been contacted by the school, then the first point of contact should be the bus company. You can also contact the LCC School Transport Helpdesk between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. The bus company should inform the LCC School Transport Helpdesk of any delays of more than 20 minutes.
The LCC School Transport Helpdesk hold the contact information for all the bus companies and also have a list of parent/guardian contact numbers for each child. Please note that individual drivers do not hold a list of parent/guardian contact numbers for each child and the bus company will have to call the LCC School Transport Helpdesk if this information is required.
Where possible, the school will make every effort to inform parents of any known delays (of more than 20 minutes). However, if you are contacting the school for information about a delay, please be aware that the telephone line may be busy, there may not always be someone in the office to take your call and the school may not always have been made aware of the delay (i.e. if the delay happened en-route to school in the morning, or after leaving the school in the evening).
Contact numbers for the bus companies and also LCC School Transport Helpdesk can be found on our website and are listed below. You may wish to add these to the contacts to your address book on your mobile phone.
Instructions for bus drivers to ensure that our Traffic Plan works
- Circulate round Tetford in an anticlockwise direction (passing school on your left) - please do not turn round in the junction opposite church or reverse
- Observe the voluntary 20mph limit along East Road and North Road
- Do not drop the children off before 8.50am as there is no supervision for them (school begins at 9.00am but children are able to enter the building from 8.50am - if you arrive a few minutes early please park in the drop off zone but don't open the doors until the appointed time)
- Drop off and collect by the school gate staying far enough back to allow traffic to pass along North Road - do not come into the school car park
- There are three buses - please park them as close as possible to each other to ensure that the third bus is not blocking East Road
- At the end of the day there will be a member of the teaching staff who will come onto the bus to ensure that children are settled, in their allocated seat and have their seat belt fastene
- Buses should depart in the order they are parked - please do not pass a parked bu
- Keep a written record of any issues that arise on the bus and share this with the member of staff who monitors your bus - this allows us to be proactive in managing the journey to and from school
Our children are wonderful - please be liberal in your praise as this will encourage them to continue in the vein
We would like to thank all of our drivers for supporting us and for their contribution to making our school the wonderful place that it is!